Learn how strategic business planning is critical to building a successful business.
- Anne Hlavacka is the Director of the Small Business Development Center at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
(more info about Anne Hlavacka...)
Networking involves much more than talking about yourself and your business. Listening to your connections, learning about them, and understanding their needs helps create a true connective network.
- Heather Rothbauer-Wanish is the owner of Feather Communications, a local freelance writing and communications business.
(more info about Heather Rothbauer-Wanish...)
In this session, the changing landscape of business, understand advantages and disadvantages of current business models will be discussed. You will also learn about tools to help you in your new venture.
- Julann Jatczak develops and manages strategic initiatives for The Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC).
(more info about Julann Jatczak...)
With traditional lenders, community based revolving loan funds, grants or contest awards, learn where and how to find funding sources for your small business start-up or expansion
- Christopher Brooke Bio coming soon...
(more info about Christopher Brooke...)
- Char Gurney is the Economic Development Fund Manager for West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (WCWRPC).
(more info about Char Gurney...)
- Mike Schatz Mike Schatz is the Economic Development Director for the City of Eau Claire and has been employed with the city for 26 years.
(more info about Mike Schatz...)
Network and share market entry strategies with area writers in this roundtable discussion led by author and publishing consultant, Monica Holtz.
- Monica Holtz owns Holtz Creative Enterprises, a contract book publishing business in Eau Claire. Holtz is the author of "Emily at the Zoo" and "Behind the Zoo," two children's books about Irvine Park Zoo in Chippewa Falls.
(more info about Monica Holtz...)
This session will discuss the different definitions of an "independent contractor" for purposes of worker's compensation, unemployment insurance, and federal payroll and income taxes.
- Mindy Dale is an attorney with Weld, Riley, Prenn & Ricci in Eau Claire, WI. She specializes in public and private sector management labor law, employment law, and municipal, school, and administrative law.
(more info about Mindy Dale...)
- Cindy Hangartner is an attorney with Weld, Riley, Prenn & Ricci in Eau Claire, WI. She specializes in business and corporate law, tax and estate planning, and telecommunication issues.
(more info about Cindy Hangartner...)
Whether you already have a website or just getting starting, this session will provide you with the information you need to make your website work overtime. You'll take away key points on how to:
- Maria Herbert Maria Herbert founded First Net Impressions in 1997. Her company is a professional design firm focused on helping businesses achieve a cohesive identity system, profitable website, and effective social media.
(more info about Maria Herbert...)
How deeply have you considered the external factors that could be devastating to your business? Confronting the worst-case-scenario allows you to be free from worry. Participants will work together to uncover brutal facts, that, if anticipated, you could have a plan to overcome.
- Kari Dahl is an organizational and leadership development consultant and she is well known for her teaching ability, team development knowledge, organizational culture, strategic planning, leadership development and conflict management.
(more info about Kari Dahl...)
Find out what all retail and service business owners should learn to understand how the credit card system works, why you are charged certain fees and what you can do to keep it all in check. You will also learn how to keep more of the profit in your pocket.
- Rick Montgomery is owner of Northern Air Merchant Services, a Wisconsin-based business that provides credit card processing for small and medium-sized businesses through the First Data Corporation.
(more info about Rick Montgomery...)
Discuss Food Industry issues - whether you are canning jam, selling at a farmer's market or opening a restaurant, you will benefit from this roundtable discussion.
- Erin Nutter is a Food Safety Supervisor with the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. With over 23 years of experience, Erin currently supervises eight inspectors who license and inspect a myriad of food-industry establishments.
(more info about Erin Nutter...)
- Becki Spina Bio coming soon...
(more info about Becki Spina...)
Learn how to position your small business in order to effectively access new markets by making the government your customer.
- Kim Garber is the Regional Development Director for Constant Contact for Minnesota.
(more info about Kim Garber...)
This session will talk about why a blog is a necessary asset to your business and discuss concrete strategies for using your blog to increase your profits.
- Jamie Swanson is a professional blogger and wedding photographer.
(more info about Jamie Swanson...)
Discuss your challenges with balancing work and personal vitality and learn best practices for keeping your health high on the priority list.
- Cheri Dostal is founder of evolve wellness llc.
(more info about Cheri Dostal...)
In this session, you will learn how to use your business checkbook as the foundation for your business recordkeeping system.
- Christopher Brooke Bio coming soon...
(more info about Christopher Brooke...)
Discover and share tips for finding your voice, crafting presentations, dealing with venues and technology, and marketing yourself and your message.
- Arlene Radtke is a retired reading specialist, English Department chair and yearbook advisor at Eau Claire's South Middle School.
(more info about Arlene Radtke...)
Ready to grow your business, but not sure how to take the next step? Learn how each panelist started, overcame adversity, and grew to achieve success with recognition locally and beyond.
- Lynn Hayworth is the owner and manager of Hayworth Fence Company since 1984.
(more info about Lynn Hayworth...)
- Debby Lowe Bio coming soon...
(more info about Debby Lowe...)
- Marta Spendowska is a a freelance designer and illustrator, offering web design, social media services, illustrations, as well as print design, logos and collateral.
(more info about Marta Spendowska ...)
Learning how to grow your business through social media by discussing which social media sites are best for your business, share tips for profile-building, receive advice on how to engage your clients and customers, and learn how to develop a manageable social media schedule.
- Shelly Cedarblade is the Owner and Chief Social Media Strategist at Woo! Social Media Marketing.
(more info about Shelly Cedarblade...)
What would a life in balance look like? What do YOU need to be happy and healthy? How might you move toward your personal balance goals? This interactive workshop will consider these questions and give you an opportunity to look at the "big rocks" in your life.
- Marlys Waldo has over seven years of experience as an accomplished Life Coach and mentor to people from across the United States.
(more info about Marlys Waldo...)
Explore the importance of budgeting, including how to develop a budget. The session will also review methods to determine the benefits and costs of capital investments.
- Brenda Thalacker is an Accounting Instructor at Chippewa Valley Technical College. She also coordinates the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program for UW-Eau Claire.
(more info about Brenda Thalacker...)
Network with successful women in direct sales to share tips for entering and succeeding in this industry.
- Lori Bergeron Sweitzer has served as an Avon Independent Sales Representative since 1992. She additionally has extensive Sales Management experience.
(more info about Lori Bergeron Sweitzer...)
- Karen Kraus - the Director of Development for Special Olympics Wisconsin - is an experienced marketer, reporter, anchor, public relations professional, and event planner. With her extensive news reporting experience, Karen is knowledgeable and passionate about media and the local community.
(more info about Karen Kraus...)
- Mickey Judkins is the CEO of Details,Inc., a fine apparel and accessories store and its online counterpart detailsdirect.com.
(more info about Mickey Judkins...)
- Sign-up for 60 minutes of individualized counseling on General Business Planning during Sessions 1, 2, 3 or 4. Counseling will be provided by SCORE, UWEC Small Business Development Center, and Western Dairyland Women's Business Center.
Attendees may request a counseling session during the registration process. Each attendee is allowed only one counseling session during the Conference.
Happy Hour Networking
- Join us in Brewski's Pub & Grill for a relaxing network session - all attendees, exhibitors, presenters and WBC staff are invited!